This ad goes out to those who are passionate about Data, want to have an impact and believe in the power of ideas for personal growth and broader perspectives! In 2022 we want to take Blinkist to the next level on our journey to become the world’s leading bite-sized edutainment service that feeds curious minds with powerful ideas. This is where you come in.
About the role
The BI team sits at the core of Blinkist, supporting a variety of stakeholders with actionable insights. As (Junior) Data Analyst with a focus on Product, you will play the crucial role of implementing and maintaining key reports and conducting in-depth analysis to inform and enable decisions that bring the business forward. If you have a strong analytical mindset, a collaborative spirit and you are curious to know what makes our millions of users come and learn everyday, then it’s you we are looking for!
What you will do
- Perform deep-dive analyses of customer behavior on large datasets and give meaning to data and numbers to identify business opportunities and enable impactful decisions
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports that enable stakeholders to track their progress towards our goal
- Help the product team to learn about their features by designing and analyzing A/B Tests
- Provide analytical evidence to inform decisions throughout the whole product development process
What you need to have
- 1+ years of relevant experience in data-intensive analytics role such as in Product Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or comparable roles
- Strong SQL skills & initial experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Periscope..)
- Basic knowledge of a statistical software language (R or Python) and the willingness to improve on it
- Ability to understand and interpret user behavior
- Fully proficient in English with great communication skills
- A work visa in Germany, Spain or UK
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support our diversity. We are committed to fair and inclusive hiring practices and want to provide equal opportunity.
Here are some of our best perks:
- 30 vacation days
- Virtual stock options plan
- 4 wellbeing days (opportunity to unplug and focus on wellness) + 4 days of learning (learn what you’ve always wanted to learn)
- A day off for you birthday
- 13 days off during summer 2022 — a little experiment that we’re running to test 4-day work week. Employees will be given time off every Friday during June, July and August 2022, with no change to our compensation
- Unlimited Home office
- Monthly home office allowance: 50,-EUR
- Learning & Development Budget
- Spill - employee Mental Health Support
- La Cantina - free healthy mainly vegan daily lunch
- BVG transportation ticket for AB zones in Berlin
- Access to partner Apps
- Company events
At Blinkist, we embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work remotely, from home, or the Blinkist office.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply online now. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Our data warehouse is running on AWS Redshift, we built our own top notch analytics system for web and mobile apps.
All Blinkist data is in one place and we like to think that we’re always one SQL query away from answering any question.